Go to IndiaRC Home Page

Advertise at IndiaRC.com
Subscribe IRC

September 19, 2014, 12:13:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username or email, password and session length
News: IndiaRC members have their own Gallery .... upload  @ http://www.indiarc.com/gallery

Home Forum Help Calendar Recent Topics GALLERY LINKS Login Register  

Quotes/Tips : Spektrum DX6i 6Ch 2.4GHz radio is WPC approved from www.indianhobbies.com

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAK IN PROCEDURE - ASP A52S ENGINE  (Read 4381 times)
SANJ
Squadron Leader

Indiarc ... My Hangar on the Net

« on: December 26, 2007, 09:35:56 AM »

Hello friends,

I have got a one ASP a52s engine. But the instruction manual is in chinese language. Can any one share with me.....what is the correct/recommended procedure for breaking in new ASP a52s Engine.

Is is same as of OS engines or different.

Waiting for valuable replies.

Thanks
Sanjeev J.

Capt Manish Chandrayan
IndiaRC Knight
Air Marshal

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:07:45 PM »

Sanjeev,
Congratualtions on a good aquisition. You would be delighted with this engine. I have one too and have just started breaking it in. with a 11x6 Master Airscrew (Scimitar) it pulls my test bench off its footing. If you compare the dimensions of this engine with OS 46 FX you would find it identical. You can get the dimensions and all the information you are looking for at this URL[highlight]http://www.justengines.unseen.org/ASP.htm [/highlight](in case the dimensions you have are in Chinese too).
As for break in procedure just follow the procedure for an OS ABC engine and you can not go wrong.
Thanks ?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:08:11 PM by flyingboxcar » Logged

There is a very thin line between this hobby and mental illness!
SANJ
Squadron Leader

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 02:50:02 AM »

Hi capt,

Thanks for the information. Before buying this engine i was trying to contact you, to know the review about this engine. ?Anyway I thing I made right decesion buying it. ?Please tell me OS46FX series or AXI series are ABC type engine or different. ?

Also just wanted to clear the doubt popping up in my mind. I ordered for ASP A52s Series 3 engine with extra long silcener. ?I got exactly the same engine as shown on the justengines website, but it has SC embossed on it. Whether ASP, MAGNUM, SC, AP all are same engines.

Sanjeev.
Manyu Baweja
Manyu
Air Commodore

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:34:16 AM »

yes ASP, Magnum and SC are the same engines made at the OEM factory in china.
Where did you buy that engine from? and for how much?

manyu

Rc League 50cc Yak
Phoenix Extra 330S
Phoenix Funstar 3D
Dynaflite Butterfly
GP Ultra Sports
E-Sky Lama v4
Capt Manish Chandrayan
IndiaRC Knight
Air Marshal

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 06:47:42 AM »

yes ASP, Magnum and SC are the same engines made at the OEM factory in china.
Where did you buy that engine from? and for how much?

manyu

Manyu is right, all of these are made in the same factory with same process and metallurgy. The only difference is in the brand embossed on them, which could be SC,Magnum or ASP.

As for OS AX and FX engines yes they are ABC or ABN (no difference in break in procedure),

Break in your engine properly and you will enjoy it.
Thanks

There is a very thin line between this hobby and mental illness!
Cdr. Soumya Dutta
Commander
Air Commodore

IndiaRc ...sizzling hot!

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 04:20:42 PM »

Hi Sanjeev,

its good that you've got a ASP but i would have suggested that you may go ahead with a Thunder Tiger .46 Pro as its really good engine (in my opinion) and it churns out about 500 rpm more than even a OS .46 FX engine.

cheerio..

Commander.. 8-)

PS - do look out how you run-in your engine as the final outcome and life of your engine depends on it.... Smiley

I "try" to fly......though more often than not, its rather "trying" to be flying ....... yea, something like that.....   :-)
SANJ
Squadron Leader

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 02:53:55 AM »

Hi manyu,

How r u. Thanks for info. I have ordered it from himodel.  It costed me $65+$36=$101/- and customs duty 1077/- (total Rs. 5066/-). I ordered it considering that there would be not customs duty depending on my passed  purchase/experience.  But you cannot assume the act of the customs be same everytime even for same amount purchases.  ASP52 is said to be good sport engine if u you consider cost, which is almost less 45% of the os engines and even performance is excellent of serise 3 engine.  You may go for it,  but be sure to consider customs duty even in your costing.  By the way my test flight for extra 91 was excellent. I took 3 flight, will post details later...bye

Hi Captian,

I will follow the same breakin procedure exactly as of the os engine. Thanks once again.

Hi Commander,
I was looking something bigger than 46, which would hover my Minicarft Whizz, presently I have os50sx on it. It hover but pullout is marginal.  I was more attracted by the price (which is nearly 45% less than os engine) and performance told to be best in its size(only for serise 3 engine). So I ended buying ASP A52S.  Now performance of engine can tell whether it is worth buying it for Rs 5066/-

Regards
Sanjeev J.
Sunil
Air Chief Marshal
Air Marshal

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 07:15:59 AM »

I think thats a practical approach to prices you see on the net. so you ended up paying 5066/($65x(Rs)40/-)= 215% of the displayed price.

Wow thats expensive but yes remember Customs is unseen and you get hit when you least expect it. I paid 16,000/- customs for some items where i would normally pay about 6000/- What can I do ? Nothing ! In the end you may get lucky with one or two packages but it will catch up with you Sad

Sunil
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 07:17:55 AM by admin » Logged

Hangar
Glow Extra 260|Diablo 3D|Pitts Python-120| Velox  120 | Kyosho Kelly-50 |Yak 55 | Katana | Groovy90 | Extra 300 .90 | Pitts Bipe-50 | Extra 300s 46 | Yak 54-1.20
Electric P- P38 |  TwinJet |  PT17 | TigerMoth | Gripen | Amx EDF
RC Trucks - AfterShock Losi 4.3 | E Firestrom
My videos :
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: