Go to IndiaRC Home Page

Advertise at IndiaRC.com
Subscribe IRC

October 24, 2014, 08:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username or email, password and session length
News: Guide to Better Access and Usage of the Indiarc Forum Tips and Tricks @ IndiaRC/forum

Home Forum Help Calendar Recent Topics GALLERY LINKS Login Register  

Quotes/Tips : In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends

Poll
Question: I would pay an Extra 4% surcharge to use my Credit Card on an Indian Website
Yes - 6 (50%)
No - 6 (50%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IndianHobbies.com  (Read 29908 times)
Sunil
Air Chief Marshal
Air Marshal

« on: April 13, 2008, 05:07:14 AM »

Hi All,
Exciting News I would like to share with all. Indian Hobbyist seem to never had it this good.

A new portal for Hobby Products and Radio Control Products is in the pipeline http://www.IndianHobbies.com. Coming up by May 08 it is an exciting offering that will definitely strive to be an all encompassing Hobby Portal with focus on many aspects of Radio Control and related hobbies.

The best part is you have an opportunity to morph it with your suggestions and requirements. You can use this thread to voice what you would like to see available on this site.

Cheers
Sunil

Hangar
Glow Extra 260|Diablo 3D|Pitts Python-120| Velox  120 | Kyosho Kelly-50 |Yak 55 | Katana | Groovy90 | Extra 300 .90 | Pitts Bipe-50 | Extra 300s 46 | Yak 54-1.20
Electric P- P38 |  TwinJet |  PT17 | TigerMoth | Gripen | Amx EDF
RC Trucks - AfterShock Losi 4.3 | E Firestrom
My videos :
Cdr. Soumya Dutta
Commander
Air Commodore

IndiaRc ...sizzling hot!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:53:14 AM »

Hey Sunil

who?? where?? what??

cheerio..

C.. 8-)

I "try" to fly......though more often than not, its rather "trying" to be flying ....... yea, something like that.....   :-)
Manyu Baweja
Manyu
Air Commodore

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »

Can we get some more info like.. Which ARF company, radio Etc..!

Rc League 50cc Yak
Phoenix Extra 330S
Phoenix Funstar 3D
Dynaflite Butterfly
GP Ultra Sports
E-Sky Lama v4
harikesh kesavan
Wing Commander

harikesh.com

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

i wish the site comes up like tower hobbies "indian edition" then it happy news for indian aeromodelling

harikesh 8-)
Sunil
Air Chief Marshal
Air Marshal

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 06:57:21 AM »

1. Could you discuss what are the reasonable expectations from an Indian Hobby Site ?

2. What are the missing aspects presently or grouses with existing Hobby Sites in INDIA ?

3. Would you shop for Electrics or Glow Planes mostly ?

4. Are you willing to pay an Extra 4% surcharge for the use of your credit card ?

More Qs to Follow
Sunil

Hangar
Glow Extra 260|Diablo 3D|Pitts Python-120| Velox  120 | Kyosho Kelly-50 |Yak 55 | Katana | Groovy90 | Extra 300 .90 | Pitts Bipe-50 | Extra 300s 46 | Yak 54-1.20
My videos :
tango
Squadron Leader

Indiarc ... My Hangar on the Net

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 08:58:52 AM »

Expectation #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,..................9999999 = Decent prices  8-) 8-) 8-)

Lets face it, whenever I visit a hobby shop, its the prices that make me stay or leave.

The store should contain Planes, Helis, cars, boats and trains.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I'm partial to planes ad helis so cant say much about the rest. Though I would like to see Marklin, Atlas and Bachmann train sets. This will create a more generic appeal beyong the world of aeromodelling.

Sticking to planes and helis:

1. ARF's, kits, motors, engines and radio gear should be available at US prices at the very least. (Hong Kong is generally 10-20% lower than the states.) Overprice and you'll find yourself doing the yearly SALE!! Either way people will buy at US prices. Sourcing is done from the same China factories. We manage to get even lower base prices as Indians are better negotiators, seem to be a little less fussy about overall quality control and are willing to sell at lower mark-ups as compared to the US retailers who keep exhorbitant margins. Cost of shipping to India is much lower and u think the shipment of ARF's are not under-invoiced like all the other imports from China!!!!! and assuming the retailers lower the margin somewhat, we can get the same item at US prices or lower right here in india customs VAT and al the other bells n whistles included, give or take 3%.  Stuff manufactured in the US like Balsa USA etc is a different matter obviously.

2. A 5-10% premium on small sundry spares wheels, spinners, engine mounts, retracts etc etc  is acceptable to me as long as they are available ex-stock.

3.  We in India are very Brand aware. Although there are many stores selling El-Cheapo chinese OEM ARF's (they are decent, I have a few myself), I would mind paying for Top Flite/ GP/ H9/ TBM/ CARF etc. Again prices are everything. I once saw someone selling a GP Giant Chipmunk (approx $300) for 37K  Grin Grin. Good luck to them!!

4. 4% CC surcharge is fine by me atleast. I'll like to see paypal also added as an option.

Also, if you can, take the lead in type certifying the Radio equipment from the WPC and become the first legal supplier of 2.4ghz stuff here.

Bottomline, >>>> Match advertised US prices and you are in business.
Sunil
Air Chief Marshal
Air Marshal

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »

Expectation #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,..................9999999 = Decent prices  8-) 8-) 8-)

Lets face it, whenever I visit a hobby shop, its the prices that make me stay or leave.

1. ARF's, kits, motors, engines and radio gear should be available at US prices at the very least. (Hong Kong is generally 10-20% lower than the states.) Overprice and you'll find yourself doing the yearly SALE!! Either way people will buy at US prices. Sourcing is done from the same China factories. We manage to get even lower base prices as Indians are better negotiators, seem to be a little less fussy about overall quality control and are willing to sell at lower mark-ups as compared to the US retailers who keep exhorbitant margins. Cost of shipping to India is much lower and u think the shipment of ARF's are not under-invoiced like all the other imports from China!!!!! and assuming the retailers lower the margin somewhat, we can get the same item at US prices or lower right here in india customs VAT and al the other bells n whistles included, give or take 3%.  Stuff manufactured in the US like Balsa USA etc is a different matter obviously.

I wish that too !
Economics and Reality are atleast 30% apart  Cheesy

Hangar
My videos :
Dreamliner
Wing Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »

How about the customer service?

We need an effective regular customer service  People who can take the order available on regular basis within specific hours so that we know that there is a human factor also involved to deal with queries.  People should have should have sound technical and product knowledge.

Products are rightly priced

Specific lead time between order and delivery.

Use reliable courier service for delivery of products.

Realtime status of orders over the telephone/website.

Open to various payment methods e.g. credit/debit cards, checks/po etc.

Open to replacement or return in case customer is not satisfied with product with refund.

Purchase/replacement/refund policies should be clearly defined.

This business will require considerable investment in terms of management of sourcing products, technical  as well as manpower planning.

Most important, say what you can deliver, and deliver what you said.

I believe that if above factors are also involved, the business can spread quickly and it will attract more people towards the hobby with ease as it will make hobby more accessible.
Cdr. Soumya Dutta
Commander
Air Commodore

IndiaRc ...sizzling hot!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »

Hi Guys,

I completely agree and second the concerns / views proposed by Tango / Dreamliner.... those should be the bottomline...

next - Economics and Reality are atleast 30% apart ? - there lies the fact where you'd have guys not accepting the economics of the deal - sad, but true... Smiley

we all know about these few "fleecing" gang of RC dealers in India - no dearth of them - but a competitive cost with 'sound quality' items / goods should see the company making good headway in the SALES dept...

hope it comes through and soon at that...

cheerio..

Commander.. 8-)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 11:28:51 AM by Commander » Logged

I "try" to fly......though more often than not, its rather "trying" to be flying ....... yea, something like that.....   :-)
harikesh kesavan
Wing Commander

harikesh.com

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »

1. if indian hobbies.com is to survive it will have to create a physical exsistance in a metro town( in india it is required so i am sure i will not be taken for a ride).

2. our country has a long way to go as regards online shopping so the store may have to think about shipping goods any where in the world( to survive and to make profits.)

3. 90% of the serious aeromodellors already has an overseas shopping connection or travel frequently overseas and source stuff. so to make them shop in your store............ ?

4. in short to have a viable store the magic word is price , price , price (comparable to the lowest price on the net).

5. quality stuff like dubro , JR, Futaba etc etc

6. the entire range of items to be available for the particular hobby

7. after sales service , warranty and the like.

8. catalogue of products with price ( like singapore hobbies and other sites)
tango
Squadron Leader

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »

Expectation #1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,..................9999999 = Decent prices ?8-) 8-) 8-)

1. ARF's, kits, motors, engines and radio gear should be available at US prices at the very least. (Hong Kong is generally 10-20% lower than the states.) Overprice and you'll find yourself doing the yearly SALE!! Either way people will buy at US prices. Sourcing is done from the same China factories. We manage to get even lower base prices as Indians are better negotiators, seem to be a little less fussy about overall quality control and are willing to sell at lower mark-ups as compared to the US retailers who keep exhorbitant margins. Cost of shipping to India is much lower and u think the shipment of ARF's are not under-invoiced like all the other imports from China!!!!! and assuming the retailers lower the margin somewhat, we can get the same item at US prices or lower right here in india customs VAT and al the other bells n whistles included, give or take 3%. ?Stuff manufactured in the US like Balsa USA etc is a different matter obviously.

I wish that too !
Economics and Reality are atleast 30% apart ?Cheesy

Dunno since I have never dealt in RC goods, but I just did some basic calculations, since I have ordered my stuff from China/Shenzen, Hong Kong, US and Singapore among other places. I do agree though that due to the demand in India not being as much as compared to other countries, that will impact prices negatively but to some extent only. I still stand by my statement that Kits and ARF's have to be availabe at around US prices, to be able to attract and retain a broader customer base who come back to buy more.

Btw I read somewhere that in 2010, a free trade agreement with Thailand  i.e. 0% duty will come into force. Composite ARF's are made there.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manyu Baweja
Manyu
Air Commodore

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 05:18:59 PM »

What happened to the website.. Indianhobbies ,its june now and it isn't up yet..?

Rc League 50cc Yak
Phoenix Extra 330S
Phoenix Funstar 3D
Dynaflite Butterfly
GP Ultra Sports
E-Sky Lama v4
Dr. Crash
Air Commodore

Your Moral Compass

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 09:06:34 AM »

IST...........

Indian Stretched Time!!!

"Opinions are like Buttholes EveryBody has one "
Capt Manish Chandrayan
IndiaRC Knight
Air Marshal

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 09:17:12 AM »

Nahhh! ISST (Indian Super Stretched Time) [smiley=wink.gif]

There is a very thin line between this hobby and mental illness!
JUZZ MAVERICK
Squadron Leader

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 03:01:28 PM »

HI Sunil gr8 LOGO.
The store should contain Planes, Helis, cars, boats and trains.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I'm partial to planes ad helis so cant say much about the rest. Though I would like to see Marklin, Atlas and Bachmann train sets. This will create a more generic appeal beyong the world of aeromodelling.
(appox investment around 50 - 70 lakhs)[/b]
Sourcing is done from the same China factories. We manage to get even lower base prices as Indians are better negotiators, seem to be a little less fussy about overall quality control and are willing to sell at lower mark-ups as compared to the US retailers who keep exhorbitant margins. Cost of shipping to India is much lower and u think the shipment of ARF's are not under-invoiced like all the other imports from China!!!!!
(lower base prices because Indian are better negotiators,Hmm the quantity that a US or European R/C dealers orders is what determines the price that you can or they can procure the same product)
YOU CANNOT SURVIVE IN THIS TRADE IF THE RETAIL PRICE IS NOT CLOSE TO $1=Rs 100/=
GIVE OR TAKE 5% TO 10 %

I do agree though that due to the demand in India not being as much as compared to other countries, that will impact prices negatively but to some extent only. [highlight]I still stand by my statement that Kits and ARF's have to be availabe at around US prices[/highlight]
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: